LIVE STREAMED TOWN HALL – THURSDAY NIGHT
COVID19 continues to create chaos on teacher’s ability to plan and prepare for effective teaching and learning. We do not have all the answers but we do have a system of support of teacher leaders that are willing to share their experiences and help us collectively navigate what lies ahead. On Thursday September 24 at 8:00 PM, please join us as we have an open discussion with three of our Kentucky SHAPE Teachers of the Year about school re-entry experiences for health and physical education. Our guests will discuss resources for supporting hybrid, virtual and/or distance learning for health and physical education. One hour of professional development credit is available for current Kentucky SHAPE members.
- The slides from the September 24 Virtual Town Hall can be found here.
- Kentucky SHAPE Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year Chad Sweeney shares via this blog his experiences after 5 weeks of in-person instruction from his school this year. Click here to read more.
- Kentucky SHAPE Health Education Teacher of the Year Jo Geddes shares a video reflection on her experiences of teaching and navigating virtual teaching with NTI this school year. Click here to watch.
- Kentucky SHAPE Dance Education Teacher of the Year Lydia Austin shares some great dance resources. Dance is a great way to implement KDE recommendations for physical/social distancing. Click here for resource page.
- SHAPE America creates easier access to COVID-19 resources, check out the new COVID-19 Resource Library.