The KY SHAPE Board of Directors is looking to expand it’s inaugural Health Education Teacher Cadre. We The goals/objectives of this cadre will be to:
- Create a pathway for strong, relevant professional development for health teachers in Kentucky;
- Encourage cadre trainers to be health education leaders in their regions, therefore providing support to others and advocating at the local, state and national levels;
- Share with cadre trainers the most up to date, research practices in the health education field;
- Encourage trainers to present at least one health education session at KY SHAPE each year and recruit others to do the same; and
- Build Kentucky’s pool of health education contacts to further ensure strong representation on state level content panels and other opportunities to inform education and legislative leaders.
– A Bachelor and preferably Masters or related degree in the field of education.
– Commit to one year, with the intention of staying on beyond that.
-Apply to present a health education session at KY SHAPE (August 3-5 in Louisville- registration and hotel covered). This can be in partnership with another trainer or educator.
-Support the field of health education (i.e., promote and use evidence-based practices, discuss what you do with school leaders, etc.)
-Participate in strategic planning sessions as a group to determine what Kentucky Health Teachers might need for PD and support.
-Attend the Cadre retreat trainings, date TBD (all expenses paid)
The first year of Cadre membership is a probationary year. Periodic performance reviews will be conducted by the Cadre coordinators.
Applications are due on Friday February 14, 2020.
To learn more and apply, go here