SHAPE America’s Back to School Website Helps HPE Teachers
Guide Their Students on the Path to Health and Physical Literacy
RESTON, VA, August 9, 2017 — SHAPE America – Society of Health and Physical Educators unveiled its new Back to School website today, revealing a focus on 50 Million Strong by 2029, the organization’s commitment to put all children on the path to health and physical literacy through effective health and physical education programs.
Health and physical education teachers who visit the website will find the recently established goals and measurements for the 50 Million Strong initiative, as well as resources and inspiration to help start the new school year, including:
• Teacher-friendly resources in the all-new Download Library;
• Activity ideas, tools and templates in the always-popular Teacher’s Toolbox;
• Affordable, standards-based professional development from the new SHAPE America Online Institute;
• Focused Steps to Success for 50 Million Strong;
• An inspirational video from high school student Cody Retuta, chronicling his journey to health and physical literacy.
“SHAPE America believes that health and physical literacy can be a life-changer for all children,” says SHAPE America President Fran Cleland of West Chester University. “It’s a simple but powerful belief that drives everything we do. We know teachers can have a significant impact on their students’ lives, and we’re proud to offer the resources they need to succeed.”
To learn more, go to http://50million.shapeamerica.org